Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I'm just wild about Harry (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

Why did Harry Reid do what he did today?
-----------------------------------------------
Before the Election: Pat Roberts on completing Phase 2 of the Senate Intel report (July 9, 2004): "It is a priority. I made my commitment and it will get done."
-----------------------------------------------
After the Election: Pat Roberts on the Phase 2 Report:

- "I don't think there should be any doubt that we have now heard it all regarding prewar intelligence. I think that it would be a monumental waste of time to replow this ground any further." (March 31, 2005)

- "To go though that exercise, it seems to me, in a post-election environment--we didn't see how we could do that and achieve any possible progress. I think everybody pretty well gets it." (March 31, 2005)

- "[Phase 2] is basically on the back burner." (March 10, 2005)

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Dub el Gee said...

In my book this was one of the few days to be proud of being a Dem. We'll see what today brings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home